CAA PFCO Permission for commercial operations

Do I need a drone Licence?

There is a common misconception within the UK on drone Licensing.
UK drone pilots do not require a licence to fly drones, but they do require a Permission to operate commercially. This Permission is known as a PFCO – Permission for commercial operations.

What’s the difference between the two?
A permission is authorisation; consent (especially formal consent from someone in authority) while licence is a legal document giving official permission to do something; a permit. 

In short, if you want to operate your drone commercially and get paid for the work that you do by using it, then you are required to obtain a PFCO from the CAA.
This has to be a course delivered by a National Qualified Entity (NQE). We run our courses over a 3 day period, with the student being able to apply to the CAA for their PFCO after course completion.

For more information on our PFCO course visit our website